This program will provide the participants with a full introduction of the tourism and hospitality industry along with the critical management principles that underlie the smooth operation of these operations. It will help the students understand the different departments of the hotel and the varied opportunities that exist in the world’s largest industry.
At the end of the course, the participants will have a clear understanding of the hospitality industry, its operations and will be ready to enter the market. This program will be very useful for those already working in the industry & also for everyone who has the passion to develop himself/herself and become a future hotelier.
What You Will Gain (Learning Objectives):
Besides the benefits outlined above, you will gain the following:
- Introduction to the hospitality industry
- A clear understanding of the front office & reservation departments
- Full knowledge of the food & beverage department
- An understanding of the housekeeping department
- Full knowledge of the sales & marketing departments
- Details of how to market your hotel or restaurant
- Introduction to tourism sector
Start Date: 09 November, 2020
End Date: 09, December, 2020
Schedule: Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Fee: 115,000 AMD
About the Instructor: Varant Topalian’s passion for hospitality and customer service comes from his childhood when his father owned a restaurant where he would often hear “perfect service makes happy customers”.
He graduated from the American University of Science & Technology with a Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management. He began his career at Ocean Creek Resort in Myrtle Beach, USA and continued his professional journey at the international Rotana Hotels Management Corporation for over 7 years.
Varant is determined and eager to share his passion for hospitality management and the know-how techniques for an extraordinary experience for customers in Motherland.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Open Education courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Adults (16+), then New Application, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 1570001024240100, Ameria Bank CJSC, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.