Negotiation is an inseparable part of our daily activities. It takes place at every moment of our lives: at home, in the workplace, in intra and inter-state affairs. This course will provide students with negotiation theory and practice and will teach modern negotiation vocabulary. It will focus on a multi-sectoral approach to negotiation, including examples from the public, private, and non-profit sectors. The important concepts of the course will be interest vs. position, integrative vs. distributive models in negotiation, cognitive processes informing decision-making in negotiation, issues of culture and gender, managing emotions, dimensions of negotiation, etc. The lectures will be supplemented with pre-assigned readings, case studies, practical exercises and role plays.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Consciously apply negotiating models
- Make use of important concepts in negotiations
- Position themselves right when dealing with the issue of power in negotiations
- Construct beneficial negotiations strategy and tactics by diving into psychological and cognitive processes informing negotiations
- Strengthen the negotiating stand by analyzing gender and culture issues in negotiations
- Effectively manage various stakeholders and parties in negotiations
Who this course is for?
This course is designed for mid-career professionals from public and private sectors, who negotiate within the framework of their job duties. It will be also of general interest for individuals interested in crystalizing their negotiations style and negotiating wisely and skillfully in all spheres of life.
Start date: 25 May, 2021
End date: 10 June, 2021
Schedule: Tuesday & Thursday (19:00 – 20:30)
Duration: 9 hours
Fee: 35,000 AMD
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Open Education courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Adults (16+), then New Application, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 1570001024240100, Ameria Bank CJSC, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.