TOEFL iBT™ Test Content
The TOEFL iBT™ test is given in English and administered in an internet-based format. There are four sections (listening, reading, speaking and writing).
The total test takes about 3 hours to complete, but you should plan for 3½ hours, allowing 30 minutes for check in.
During the test, you are asked to perform tasks that combine more than one skill, such as:
– Read, listen and then speak in response to a question
– Listen and then speak in response to a question
– Read, listen and then write in response to a question
TOEFL iBT Test Sections
|Reading||54–72 minutes||30–40 questions||Read passages and respond to questions|
|Listening||41–57 minutes||28–39 questions||Answer questions about brief lectures or classroom discussions|
|Speaking||17 minutes||4 tasks||Talk about a familiar topic and discuss material you read and listened to|
|Writing||50 minutes||2 tasks||Read a passage, listen to a recording, type your response|
Register for the TOEFL iBT™ Test
– Register 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Be sure to spell your name exactly as it appears on the identification you will bring on test day.
– Pay with a credit/debit card: American Express®, Discover®, JCB®, MasterCard® or VISA®. You can also use an electronic check (e-check) if you have a bank account in the United States or its territories.
– Registration closes ten days before your test date.
– Late registration closes three days before your test date (not including the day of the test) and has a late fee of US$40.
- For additional fees, visit here.