This course aims at coaching prospective AUA applicants in preparing for the Mathematics section for AUA admission tests.
The course combines several instructional methods to give students the most comprehensive training. It covers all sections included in Math tests: Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Coordinate geometry and basic Trigonometry. The instructor works on your basic skills and understanding of elementary mathematical concepts, as well as the ability to reason quantitatively and to solve problems in a test setting.
The course instructor will:
- Test students enrolled in this preparatory course to determine individual levels.
- Review with students each question type to determine individual strengths and weaknesses, and work on specific strategies and tactics to better prepare students with each type of question.
- Coach students to acquire skills and strategies for success in this standardized test.
- Provide sample tests and materials to help students gain confidence and get comfortable with the format before test day.
- Discuss student questions in an interactive format, focusing on identified problem areas, practicing valuable techniques, and correcting common errors before the official test date.
Start date: 05 October, 2020
End date: 09 November, 2020
Fee: 79,000 AMD (exclusive online deal)
About the trainer: Karen Atalyants is an experienced SAT, ACT and GRE Math instructor. Since 2017 over 100 students successfully passed the tests by preparing for them with Karen. He is actively engaged in creating curricula for test preparatory courses, training future SAT/ ACT/ GRE trainers, developing brand new formats for online courses. Additionally, he is an author of a number of video lessons aimed to support those preparing for the tests (hKps://www.youtube.com/user/karenatalyants). Karen’s classes are personalized giving each student an opportunity to get answers to all their quesHons and are detailed covering the entire knowledge base required for SAT/ ACT/ GRE Math secHons. Every single lesson includes in-class practice, slides and homework (hKps://www.karenatalyants.com/). Karen’s previous work experience includes product customer service, product management and sales in the IT industry. His education is from the American University of Armenia and Armenian State University of Economics.
Applications should be submitted online using im.aua.am
(Instructions are available at http://openeducation.aua.am/online-registration-2/)
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Open Education courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Adults (16+), then New Application, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 1570001024240100, Ameria Bank CJSC, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.