The main purpose of this course is to teach professionals to develop key skills for the workplace. The content and structure of the course are based on three key concepts: employability, flexibility, and learner engagement.
This course trains students in Communication and Business Skills. The Communication Skills activities provide the soft skills and functional language needed to work effectively. These include building relationships, handling difficult communicators, and managing challenging feedback. Whereas the Business Skills activities provide the practical skills needed in different business situations, such as facilitating a meeting, difficult negotiations, and brainstorming.
At the end of the course, participants will improve their knowledge of the English Language as it is used in the workplace and develop key skills for the international workplace. In addition to building their vocabulary and grammar and developing their writing skills, students will be acquiring an understanding of different business situations and an awareness of different communication styles.
- enhance your business vocabulary and be able to use it appropriately.
- develop different language skills useful in business communication.
- be able to communicate efficiently with others in practical, business-oriented situations.
- be able to use business and communication skills effectively.
- be able to handle yourselves in English in a variety of business contexts, from negotiating to socializing.
Course content includes reading, speaking, writing, listening, grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, functional language, and business workshops.
- Reading: Authentic texts with comprehension tasks.
- Speaking: Collaborative tasks to encourage language and skill use.
- Writing: Practice in various genres and purposes.
- Listening: Activities to develop comprehension skills.
- Grammar: One main grammar point per unit.
- Vocabulary: Main topic vocabulary set with opportunities for use.
- Pronunciation: Two points practiced in each unit.
- Functional Language: Three sets to support workplace situations.
- Business Workshops: Simulated professional scenarios to apply language and skills.
Who should attend this course?
This course is specifically designed to cater to professionals in the business field who engage in verbal and/or written English communication as part of their job responsibilities, including tasks such as organizing and conducting meetings, composing business emails, and drafting meeting minutes, among others. Additionally, this course is highly advantageous for individuals seeking to enhance and refine their business English proficiency.
Start Date: Sep 18, 2023
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Duration: 48 hours spread across 16 sessions
Fee: 98,000 AMD
Requirements: You may attend the course if you are on Level 4, 5, or 6 of the Placement test or if you have successfully accomplished Level 4, 5, or 6 of General English courses at AUA Open Education.
Note: A placement test is required if you have not attended English courses at AUA Open Education. Placement tests are administered every Wednesday at 4:00 PM at the American University of Armenia. Advance registration is required through im.aua.am.
Placement test fee: 2,100 AMD
*Please note that placement test times may differ in our regional centers. Get in touch with the regional center for more info.