This course focuses on the classical stages that a new business venture goes through. Using analytical frameworks, you will learn to recognize the most potent business opportunities out of existing ones, and avoid the traps that most inexperienced entrepreneurs fall into. By the time you complete this course, you will have a different way of assessing your own potential for starting a new business, tuned to the realities of Tavush.
Who this course is for?
- The course benefits both early stage and mature entrepreneurs who have worked/plan to work in Tavush (although not limited to Tavush, because most concepts you will learn in this course are usable in any environment)
- Recent alumni or near-to-graduation students who plan to expand their family businesses, or start new ones
- Public sector employees who work with both urban and rural entrepreneurs in Tavush
Pre-requisites: basic computer literacy (assignments will be prepared and turned in using a computer), arithmetic skills (comfortable with calculating percentages)
What will you gain from the course?
At the end of the course, participants should have a clear understanding about:
- How to plan out a new business venture, how to set the goals correctly and develop appropriate metrics for measuring success
- How to build and motivate teams for success
- Where to look for financing, and what a convincing business plan looks like
Mode of Instruction: In person, with combination of online assignments
Language of Instruction: Armenian/English
Start Date: January 23, 2021
End Date: February 27, 2021
Schedule: Friday, 19:00 – 21:00 & Saturday 11:00 – 13:00
Duration: 24 hours
Fee: 10,000 AMD
Enrolment: To enrol in AUA Open Education courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Extension, then Extension Applications, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrolment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 001-006402-001, HSBC Bank Armenia, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
Instructions-for-online-registration: ( for OE front desk to fill out)