This course provides an intensive introduction to the communication process, the concepts and principles of internal and external business communications, an effective writing process to compose and structure an effective business email and letter. Participants will learn how to integrate a specific writing process to compose a business letter and enhance their business writing and interpersonal skills and apply those to a variety of contexts in Armenia and global settings. Overall, it is expected that each participant who completes this course has gained a thorough knowledge of writing principles to communicate effectively in a business environment.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the concept of communication cycle
- Understand a writing framework
- Integrate a specific writing process to compose a strong email and business letter
Who should attend?
Individuals who wish to improve their business writing skills. The course is designed for those of good English command.
Start date: September 7, 2020
End date: September 11, 2020
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 6.30 PM – 8.30 PM
Duration: 6 hours
About the Instructor: Dr. Hilda Grigorian has 40 years of professional experience in working for private and public sectors with over 7 years of experience working with donor agencies in Afghanistan. She has been teaching Business communications to both Undergraduate and Graduate cohorts at AUA since 2013 and holds a Doctorate degree in public policy from Walden University.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Open Education courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Adults (16+), then New Application, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 1570001024240100, Ameria Bank CJSC, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.