The course presents the concept of Digital Art as a profession. It explains what Digital Art is and from where and where it goes, how you can use it as a profession with all of the perspectives and opportunities it could give you. The course will teach you the basics of traditional art which is a fundamental part of Digital Art, as well as will cover how to use the necessary programmes.
At the end of the course, participants will have a clear idea of the concept of Digital Art. It will give them the opportunity to create their own portfolio of their artworks digitally. Find their workplace in Game Dev., Comics, Movie, Advertising (Promotional Video Material) and finally tell their stories through art as Concept Artist, Character Designer and Landscape Designer.
At the end of the course, participants should have a clear understanding about:
- What do you need to become a Digital Artist?
- How to use the right tools and methods in the right ways and styles?
- What is Traditional Art, how does it work in Digital Art and why is it important?
- Digital Art as a profession and what kind of future it can give you?
- Basics and practice in Concept Art, Character Design and Landscape Design
- Concept Artist as a separated profession
- How to try yourself in Comics and Storyboards creating?
Start date: July 20, 2020
End date: September 7, 2020
Schedule: Mondays, Thursdays, 7.30 AM – 9.30 PM
Duration: 30 hours
About the Instructor: Ruben Melikyan has been working as a digital artist for 9 years studied in Europe and China and participated in different master classes of Digital Art, Concept Art, Character Design and Traditional Art. He has organized many workshops and master classes in Armenia. The most significant of them was the “Art day” event at U.S. Embassy Gilmore Field on September 3, 2016, “Gyumri Character Design” event in LOFT Gyumri on August 18, 2019, “Traditional art for all” event at Yerevan Opera House on June 1, 2016. Ruben founded an art studio “Dream in Art” on September 19, 2015.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Open Education courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Adults (16+), then New Application, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 1570001024240100, Ameria Bank CJSC, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.