This course aims at coaching conditionally-accepted AUA students in improving their math proficiency. The course combines instruction and practical training in all the components of the test ¾ Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Functions, Vectors, and Sets. The instructor works on individual math skills and understanding of mathematical concepts, as well as the ability to reason quantitatively and to solve problems in a test setting.
This course includes:
- Testing students to determine individual levels.
- Reviewing with students each question type to determine individual strengths and weaknesses, and working on specific strategies and tactics to better prepare students with each type of question.
- Coaching students to acquire skills and strategies for success in this standardized test.
- Discussing student questions in an interactive format, focusing on identified problem areas, practicing valuable techniques, and correcting common errors in pairs or groups.
- Providing additional tips for taking the test successfully.
Start date: June 22, 2020
End date: July 24, 2020
Schedule: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
Fee: 55,000 AMD
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Open Education courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Adults (16+), then New Application, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 1570001024240100, Ameria Bank CJSC, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.