About the course:
This course is aimed to develop Agile mindset for students. It provides theoretical knowledge to understand agile philosophy and practical skills of implementation of real-world projects, introduce the agile philosophy, develop an agile mindset (being agile) and develop skills to use agile practices (doing agile) in real-world projects. It explains the danger of toxic agile and describes the possible threats of doing it.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to implement agile, differentiate projects that require agile management, have a clear understanding of agile, develop an agile mindset (being agile) and use agile practices (doing agile). They will be able to follow the trend and join agile teams or introduce agile to non-agile organizations.
At the end of the course, participants should have a clear understanding about:
- Why and when they should use Agile?
- Agile methodologies, their differences, and similarities as well as strengths and weaknesses of each one. This knowledge will give them the opportunity to choose the right methodology for every particular project
- Value assessment and prioritization
- Principals of incremental delivery, which will allow them to follow the product’s pivoting path and eliminate the risk of building unnecessary products or features
- Stakeholder management in the Agile environment
- Agile team building, team performance tracking, ability to optimize the team’s velocity.
Understanding of the Adoptive planning and dispel the myth that agile management does not require planning.
Who this course is for (Target Audience):
This course is designed:
- For project and program managers, to provide them with agile skills that are proven as one of the most efficient management strategies,
- For project associates who would like to develop their career as agile practitioners
- For professionals in variety of fields, who would like to become managers or lead teams
Start date: TBA
End date: TBA
Schedule: Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday – 18:30 – 21:30
Duration: 35 hours
Fee: 79,000 AMD
Mode of Instruction: Online
Click Here to know more about our instructors!
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Open Education courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Adults (16+), then New Application, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 1570001024240100, Ameria Bank CJSC, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.