The entire course consists of three levels and presents the general standards and principles of accounting. During the course topics such as basic financial statements, financial results report, balance sheet and cash flow statements, as well as their analysis, will be discussed.
The goal of the course is to improve organizational decision-making and to align it with the organization’s strategy/objectives. It will give an opportunity to fully engage in different accounting methods and their approach used in business, as well as how different parts of the model are formed.
The duration of each level is 30 hours.
After the second level participants will have an opportunity to explore international standards for financial statements based on which they will prepare basic financial statements, as well as consolidated financial statements.
- Basic Accounting vocabulary for Accounting categories
- Double Entry and Bookkeeping
- Ability to prepare Trial Balance
- Ability to prepare Balance Sheet and Profit or Loss statement
Start date: October 31, 2020
End date: November 29, 2020
Schedule: Saturdays and Sundays
Duration: 30 hours
Fee: 79,000 AMD
About the Instructor: Seda Vardanyan is an experienced professional with 15+ years of working in the area of managerial, financial accounting and tax consulting. She has worked in consulting, auditing and finance fields at local companies, as well as PwC Hungary, General Electric. Seda was the CFO in one of leading wine making companies in Armenia and now she works in a US based IT Company. While doing her MBA at the Central European University (CEU) Seda spent one month visiting a number of innovative organization based in New York City, to complete an individual project on general management, leadership and financial control. Besides professional achievement, she did her research assistantship on the topics of “Directionality of Innovation of Armenia”.
Enrollment: To enroll in AUA Open Education courses, please go through the following steps (see below for the Armenian version):
- Visit im.aua.am.
- Create an account by clicking New User Registration.
- If you are not a new user and already have an AUA account (having previously taken the AUA e-Math Test or applied to AUA), you should log into the account that you had created at that time.
- If you just registered as a new user, you will get an email asking to activate your account.
- Now, for registering to take a course, go to the Open Education tab, choose Adults (16+), then New Application, and apply for the course(s) you choose.
- After you register online, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email acknowledging your application.
- Closer to the course start date, you will receive another email confirming your enrollment, requesting that you make payment before the course start date. The fee can be paid online via credit card or through the EasyPay terminal (located at the entrance to AUA). Alternatively, you may pay the fee via bank transfer to the American University of Armenia Fund, account 1570001024240100, Ameria Bank CJSC, indicating your full name (as in the registration) and the course you are paying for.
- The completed application together with the record of payment completes your enrollment.